From:
Tracy Baker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jun 1996 09:15:31 -0400
Hey ferret lovers-

An observation and a question:

First the observation.  These ferrets are powerful creatures.  I have had
ferrets for a decade and I love them more today than when I began.  These
tiny little critters provoke such emotional responses and strong support
from their humans it never ceases to AMAZE me.  Think about it....Lobbying,
smuggling, aiding and abetting, endless cleaning, rescuing and sheltering,
showing, breeding and most of all LOVING.  Entire organizations dedicated to
CHANGING LAWS to legally have the domesticated ferret.  They are lucky to
have such dedicated people on their sides, as we are lucky to have them
touch our lives in the special way that they do.

Secondly the question.  I am in the Miami Florida area and have yet to see a
posting from here.  Does anyone know of ferret organizations here???
Clubs???  I know of one excellent shelter but she is sooooo busy I hate to
call her.  Right now there is some ECE going around, but it is a well kept
shelter.  I send them $ from time to time to help.  If anyone would like to
adopt in the South Florida area, email me and I will forward their info to
you.

Thanks for listening.

Tracy~~~~> "When you give them a time out it only punishes me"
Laura~~~~> "OK, THAT'S IT!!!!!!!! And this time I really mean it!!!!!!"
Rikki~~~~>  "Me??? Me??? No way, I didnt do that, it was Coco."
Coco~~~~>  "Where is my pink squeeky toy? (he's lying it was him)"