From:
Dorothy Husband <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Jan 1997 07:02:08 -0500
Hello!  I live with George, a small male sable ferret, in thhe Fens of East
Anglia, and have lurked on this list for a few months, since I got him and
an Internet connection at the same time!

I read the recent posts on ferrets and cigarette smoke with interest, since
on Friday George showed a new sort of behaviour.

That evening, I spent four hours in a low-ceilinged pub which gradually
became more and more smoky.  When I got home, wearing a jacket which now
smelt strongly of smoke, George came out for a play.  Very unusually, when
he climbed up me and my chair he dooked loudly and repeatedly.  Normally
he's quiet, but he seemed to be smelling my jacket very carefully and
thoroughly, and reacting by making a noise.  A new one on me!  Has it
happened to other people?

Keep well
Dorothy