From:
Les and Eric Bitters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 07:49:34 EDT
Hello to all,

My big-guy, (well, big is a relative term), normally 2.75 pounds, hasn't
been eating for a week.  Last week, he seemed fine all day, but was very
listless in the evening.  A emergency trip to the vet revealed that all
of his blood work was normal, xrays normal - so he was hydrated and given
Amoxicillin.  We checked up with our usual vet, who has ferrets of his
own and we've been very lucky to find.  He observed Spens for a day, they
force fed him and he picked up.

Now, a week later he drinks pretty well, but other than an occasional
treat, really won't eat.  We've been feeding him to keep his strength up.
We've tried changing his food, etc all, but still no appetite.  Any

Thanks so much for your time,
Les, Eric and our Spenser