From:
Risa Di Vincenzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 2004 00:07:19 -0500
Wolfy, thank you so much for your post.  I had actually gone to your
website after posting my question.  However, I had a very helpful fmler
suggest that perhaps wax was merely dulling Jillie's hearing.  Jillie
has the waxiest ears, they need to be cleaned twice as much as my other
two fuzzies.  I had actually been wondering (at the time of posting) if
perhaps I caused the problem with her hearing by cleaning them too much.
I admit that in the process of moving, I slipped behind in ferret
grooming - so when I got the suggesion I cleaned Jillie's ears.  They
actually weren't too bad.  But low and behold, Jillie greeted me the
next morning.  She was her usual shadow when I was home in the afternoon.
And she's back in the fuzzie activities in the evening.  She can hear
(and I was a bad ferret Mom).  They weren't even that waxy, I don't
understand it - but I'm thrilled.

Thanks for your info Wolfy (many warm wishes for your blind fuzzie who is
not adapting) and thanks again to the private poster who made the simple
suggestion that Jillie and I are so happy about!

Risa
PS I should have posted this right away, I was embarrassed at my
oversight!