From:
William Alan Killian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 1996 16:52:48 -0500
From:    "Irena Arthur (OPS|schwanke)" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Meat/Color

>Still haven't been able to get Lucy to eat meat.  Do I give it to her
>raw or>cooked.

We've raw beef hearts to be the most preferred meat.  Meat is not essential
if a good dry kibble is used.  Kibble will wear the teeth more than meat.
Two pounds is pretty big for a girl.

>She reminds me of a panda (very dark around the eyes and legs and her
>torso is an off-white/cream color with dark tips (and little white
>piggies/toes!).  Is she sable or siamese?  ...

Very dark is brown to almost black?  Depending upon how much dark tips
versus light tips on the body, she sounds like a Sable Siamese.  Sable is a
color, Siamese is a pattern.  But the white toes sounds like a bit of
Waardensburg.  If there is not a blaze (white stripe down top of head) she
could be called a Sable Siamese Mitt.  Are there white knee caps?  White
belly splotches?

From:    Shelly Stanley <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Chicago vet & gender

Dr. Susan Brown.  Midwest Bird and Exotic Hospital. 1923 S Mannheim RD
Westchester IL 60153 708-344-8166.

I met her on my last trip to Chicago and again in New York at the show
and vet conference.  Very nice and very competent.  Very knowledgable
on ferrets.  You'll have to judge the distance yourself though.

Little girls and big boys aren't a problem.  Hobs (and gibs) are rougher
on other hobs (and gibs).  Girls are often the aggressor to roughhousing
with the boys.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets