From:
Norris Heintzelman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jul 1997 14:58:19 -0400
Mary

I'm sending this privately and to the list because none of my recent posts
have made it to the FML for some reason (so this is another test).

I'm not sure where Dresher is exactly but if the eastern edge of West
Chester is an option, see

Dr. Terry McGrath
1601 Margo Ln
West Chester, PA 19380
610-431-1620

(Its just off Rt 3, near where N Middletown Rd (which I think is 352?)
intersects)

He removed one of my Gunther's adrenals last year.  He knows a lot about
ferrets and is willing to spend time to discuss all the options with you
(something my last vet was not willing to do).  And he obviously cares a
great deal about animals (and you get to see a lot of interesting animals in
his waiting room).

At that time we discussed the possibility of having to remove both adrenals.
Terry said it was a difficult surgery, but he was supremely confident in his
own abilities and recommended it if both glands were affected.

They both weren't at that time, but now it has become obvious that Gunther's
other adrenal is diseased and needs to be removed.  So Gunther is going back
in August so we can discuss and arrange another surgery.

I am a bit nervous since Terry presented it as risky, but we need to do
something.  Gunther just isn't himself and he's so skinny.

In any case, I recommend you go talk to him and get the options for
yourself.

Good luck.

Norris