From:
Carolyn Dimmitt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Apr 1999 14:55:42 PDT
I wanted to relate this story to everyone!  Well, our male kitty Monty,
already thinks he is a ferret.  The ferts tear around the house, chasing
him, or Monty tears around the house chasing them.  They go racing into the
tunnels and he tries to go in but is too big.  So, recently, he has been
running to the other end of the tunnels to catch them when they come out.
He sleeps just like them, even speedbumps in front of me!  He wants to
sleep with them too, and does when they are out of their cages.  I just
have to open the dresser drawers a little wider.

Well, now his siter Missy is getting in on the act.  When the fert cage is
open, she crawls in and sleeps there.  When it is not, she sleeps on top of
the main cage in the isolation cage which I leave open for her, where fert
bedding is spread out.  She even sleeps in their hammocks!!!  She lets them
groom her, and she tries to groom them.  Both kitties want to eat fert food
instead of their cat food.  Pretty soon, our cats will be illegal in
California too!!!!