Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 2008 15:26:10 -0600
If you selected an Alberta Ferret Society ferret off the Giving Tree
this year I am writing to apologize.

I messed up! Our Board members were all new in 2007 (cept for me) and
I neglected to properly explain to the member who volunteered for
this project about what needed to be done when submitting ferrets to
the Giving Tree. Because I didn't fully explain, personal contact
information for our foster homes ended up being posted on the Tree
instead of the contact information for the AFS. Some of our foster
homes were getting emails from people wanting to be Santa's and they
were totally confused about what was going on. I believe some of our
foster homes likely did not respond at all while others made it clear
that they were definitely not impressed about their personal emails
and addresses being posted.

I still have not had a chance to sort out who got contacted and whether
they received gifts or not. I feel very bad about this as not only did
our kids miss out on the chance to receive a gift just for them but
those of you who wanted to help them feel special did not receive a
proper thank you to acknowledge your kindness. Please believe it was
not our intent to do so and I hope you will not hold the mess I made
against the AFS.

I guarantee this won't happen again.

Barb Hoult
AFS-President