From:
Fred Schroeder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Aug 2004 10:41:47 -0500
The problem isn't with the breed.  ANY dog can present a threat to
ferrets.  Ferrets are fragile and break very easily.  Dogs often grab
and shake things when they play.  This will injure or kill a ferret in a
heartbeat.  Along with my ferrets I have four cats and two dogs, one of
which is a German Shepherd.  She is the sweetest and most gentle you are
likely to find.  However, I NEVER leave them alone together.  Unless they
are closely supervised (VERY closely) the dogs are not in the same room.

The utmost caution must be exercised at all times.  What dogs consider
play can easily be death to a ferret.

Best regards,

Fred Schroeder
Home page: http://schroeder-family.us
NRA Life Member

Behold the superfluous.  They are always sick.  They vomit their gall and
call it a newspaper.  Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche 1844-1900