From:
"Charles D. Pratt" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Nov 1995 13:49:16 -0600
 Hi:
    I want to thank everyone who sent posts re: sleeping with my ferrets.  I
have decided to give it a try, as the cold Wisconsin winter arrived this
past week.  One drawback was the height of my bed--it's an antique and sits
pretty high off the ground.  I had an idea for a "boarding ramp" to lean on
my mattress so the fuzzies can come and go as they please at night.  I used
a 4 foot length of 1x6 lumber and stapled a strip of indoor/outdoor
carpeting to it to provide a slip-proof surface for the beasts.  The length
of the board prevents the ramp from being too steep.  The whole thing
probably cost me about $3 to make.  Most lumber stores usually have "short
stock" available at a low price if you're like me and don't have a bunch of
lumber lying around.

    The crew has spent the last half hour exploring my bed and running up
and down the ramp.  I think they must feel like they have a new toy!  Hope
this is helpful to some of you FML readers!

Chad, JP, Bink, & Possum