From:
Melissa Warren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Jan 1999 13:44:01 -0600
I have heard of people adopting a BFF.  Basically, they were sending money
to the organization which is trying to reestablish the animals popualtion
in the wild.  They didn't actually have the ferret in their possession.  I
think the org. sent them a picture of it, but that is all.  I would think
due to the fact these animals are listed as endangered having one as a pet
would be illegal.  I am not sure about that but it would make sense.
Otherwise, people would be going out to capture them and sell them as pets.
This would undermine the agencies trying to save them in the wild.

It is possible the woman has one, but would it be legal?  I for one hope
not.  Domestic ferrets have enough problems being labeled wild without
people trying to introduce the BF Ferrets as pets.  This would cause all
kinds of problems for the domesticated ones, I would think.

Melissa Warren