From:
Deborah Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2000 09:15:02 AKDT
What a crazy morning!  Just as I get out of the shower, my husband manages
to slam the front door (a very HEAVY door) on Patch's head.  WOW!  I've
have never seen a ferret express pain in such a human fashion.  Imagine the
face you make when you wake up with a really bad hangover...your eyes close
tightly and you try hard not to move your head since moving your head hurts
so bad...that was Patch.

So, I threw on some clothes and we jumped into the truck and started to
drive to the vet.  Within a block we realized that our normal vet wasn't
open for another 30 minutes and we had no clue where the emergency vet is
located.  Drove back home, checked the phone book, called our own vet, who
was now expecting us, and left again.  By now Patch was his wriggly self
again.  Sat in the waiting room for a half hour...the vet had a dog come
in at the same time who had been hit by a car...finally saw the vet.  Of
course Patch is acting normal now and the vet thinks he may have a slight
concussion and should rest all day.  She can't give him anti-inflammatory
drugs because he's on prednisone.

We go home and put Patch to bed...realize that Tovan left the cage door
open and Lily is playing to the forbidden rooms.  I find Lily, put her to
bed and finally go to work.

Whew!  I'm sure glad Patch is going to be okay.  Poor guy, I'll never
forget that horrible grimace of pain.

Deb