From:
Percy Pwood Georgia Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Mar 1997 10:54:56 -0800
Diet Colas (and other flavors) contain aspertame, a substance that has been
linked to a number of pilot errors.  Studies are being done, and some of the
problems being attributed to use of products containing aspertame are
headaches, dizzyness, and actual heart attacks.  The list is much longer,
but I don't have it in front of me at the moment.  But hey, while writing
this, my ferret woke up, ran downstairs to the potty, and got his Fruit Loop
reward - which is probably just a bad.

Does watching a movie from a theater seat fall within the accepted range of
ferrets vision?  Our Burnie gets taken for walks along the docks, and enjoys
"tracking" the flight of seagulls overhead.  He seems to focus on them at a
greater distance than the "ferrets don't see well" theory would indicate.
In fact, he spots them before I do.  Can we have more dialog about distance
vision in ferrets?  Could it be that when they are on the ground, they
become so focused on things directly around them, that looking into the
distance takes a backseat to chasing a leaf that's only 3 feet away?  But in
the theater, or when being carried along the docks, they couldn't
investigate, so they looked around?

Georgia