Date:
Sat, 12 Feb 2000 20:35:12 -0800
Hello everyone,

Today I had to put Gracie, my 5 yr old angora to sleep.  I posted awhile
back that she had adrenal surgery and was doing fine.  Then about 2 days
ago, I noticed her belly was distended and I took her back to my vet.  He
did x-rays and saw a huge mass.  Today when he opened her up, he called me
right then to say there were tumors everywhere and it did not look good.
He wanted to know what I wanted to do.  I knew he could debulk them but it
would be hard and then it would just happen again most likely and Gracie
would suffer.  I wanted to have him just close her up and give her back to
me but that would of been selfish.  I felt this was enough so we let her
go.  Those tumors came back so fast and with a vengence.

I am so angry.  Its not all the money spent on her surgeries but that fact
I really loved Gracie.  She was special.  She was so pretty, smart and
funny and our only girl.  When we first got her, she was a biter, but we
worked through that.  She liked to tip the cats water dish over all the
time.  Anytime you heard a crash, you could bet Gracie was somewhere
nearby.  For being small, she was quite strong and could move furniture.
If I wasn't paying attention to her, she would crawl right up my leg to
say "Give me a treat right now!".  She had beautiful long hair, she looked
like a ferret having a bad hair day.  And she had that cute extra fold of
skin in her nose.  I will miss my Gracie.

Thanks for letting me share,  Ingrid and now 4 fuzzies in Las Vegas