From:
Edward Leo Welsh III <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Nov 1997 19:47:28 -0600
Hello--
I have a question about my ferret Kieran.  He is a 1 yr. old MF.  I have
never seen anything posted about over weight ferrets.  Can they be
overweight?  Our vet, who is very knowledgable says that he has seen fat
ferrets and they have put them on the OM-cat food.  I have not brought
Kieran in to see him yet, I will in the next couple of months because his
vaccines will be due, then I can get a better assessment.  Anyways--has
anyone had experience will this and what sort of food do you put them on?
Right now he is eating Nutro kitten and the fat is 16%.  If he was to go
onto a reducing diet, such as the OM, wouldn't the fiber level be too high
for him?  (The fiber in the OM-cat is 10 or 11%) Thanks in advance for your
help.

--Tina & Kieran ("I'm not fat, I'm big boned"):)