From:
Wild Weasel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jun 1996 04:31:55 EDT
Not real up on this but I think most airlines' "official" policy (I've only
checked a couple, USAir was one, since that's who I usually fly) is that
they will allow only 1 pet in the airplane's cabin and only cats and dogs
are accepted, and must be in a carrier that fits under the seat.  However I
have seen where people have made special arrangements and some airlines
(Delta may have been one) that allow multiple critters (in a single carrier)
for a fee.  Best thing to do is call the airline(s) you will be using (or
any you might want to use, if you have a say in choosing the airline) and
ask what the policy is and then find out if special arrangements can be
made.  I would not reccommend having them travel in the cargo hold.  Also
make sure you're not flying them into a FFZ!

WRT Hotels, I would assume that any place that allows pets would allow
ferrets, but I would ask when making reservations to be sure.  I think that
some places that don't usually allow pets, might allow a caged pet (you
don't have to tell them that you let them out to play).  I'm going to be
checking on this myself shortly in one particular location, and will try to
let you know what I find out.

(oo)   <--- Da Wild Weasel
=\/=

(oo) (oo)  <--- Calvin & Hobbes Da Ferrets
=\/= =\/=