From:
bronxelf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Mar 1998 03:07:30 -0500
Greets, all.

Since the topic of Petco has come up...

I'm going to throw in my dollar and a half(I don't do anything cheap.)

On 3/12 I bought a kit from the Petco store in Hartsdale, NY.  Although the
kit was *very* young (in both mine and my vet's opinion no more than 5
weeks-Hi MF!  Very nice thing you're doing... NOT.) he seemed otherwise
fine.  On 3/14 at about 4:30 pm the kit came down with signs of ECE.
Within 90 minutes, my oldest ferret(11 months) came down with it as well,
and within 24 hours the middle ferret(12 weeks) got sick too.  ECE was
positively diagnosed in the ferrets by my vet on Monday morning, 3/16 by my
vet.

As happens, my 2 older ferrets had just *been* to the vet on 3/6 and were
certified healthy by him at that time.  They had not had any contact with
any other ferrets in the interim.  The only source of the ECE could have
been the kit.

My oldest ferret required 2 days worth of hospitalization to give him sub q
fluids(I should mention now that IMNSHO that I have the bestest vet in the
world, and he went far above and beyond the call of duty to take care of my
Kender).

Bottom line here is the Petco store sold me a kit infected with ECE.  For
two days they ducked my (and my lawyer's-*BIG* mistake) phone calls.  The
question now is: is MF(the supplier) selling kits to Petco infected with ECE
and not telling anyone about the possible danger?  If the kit I bought was
infected with ECE(and it *was*, no question there) then *all* of those kits
were infected.  Next question is what is Petco going to do about warning
people of the possible danger, now that that store is infected?

BTW, I got a call from one Steven Abrams at Petco after 3 days of this
nonsense.  Petco will indeed be paying for *all* of Kender's vet
bills(total-$250.00)related to his ECE.  I don't know what my lawyer told
them, but whatever it was, the squeaky wheel got the grease.

And if anyone needs a ferret vet in NYC...Just ask.  I got a winner here.

Not taking crap from Petco,

elf.
Kender, Justin, Nikodemos and D'Artagnan
the felines-Nemesis, Ischade and Holstein
and Judy the wonderkeet.

bronxelf
Dominatrix at Arms and Guild Hall Lieutenant of the Renaissance Mercenaries
Guild.
A.F.R.  Goddess of Steel
http://www.i-2000.com/corwin/axi
"To err is human, to forgive is not our policy."    --Anonymous
"I believe pregnancy is a Sexually Transmitted Disease"- Me.

"I got more cream than a Twinkie or a Zinger"-"Humdinger", Chucklehead

The creativity of an elf knows no bounds.