From:
kat parsons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 2006 08:58:17 -0600
i had a few responses to my initial post about ferret shelters needing
people to adopt the ferrets in their care...how needful that was...but
they were mostly from shelter moms... but what i saw mostly was a
sloughing off of ADOPTION NEEDS in favor of more help, financially and
volunteerwise...and education....

FOREVER HOMES...THAT IS THE MOST CRUCIAL NEED!!!

Education is a long term goal..not an immediate respite...but yes,
needed... always needed...but will not solve the IMMEDIATE problem!

FINANCIAL help is imperative also..but with adoptions that need goes down
with each one...the more adoptions..the less financial help needed...

same with volunteers...the more adoptions..the less volunteers needed...

there will always be a need for volunteers and financial help, don't get
me wrong...since there will always be ferrets being turned in...but if
they are adopted...THE CRUCIAL NEED...then the volunteers and the
financail aid is not quite as DIRE!

without the ferret community, every one that possibly can, adopting some
of these kids...NO shelter will be able to stay afloat... then what
happens to those kids?

my husband keeps saying we can not afford anymore [financially and
emotionally]...and i TRY to adhere to that...but when the NEED arises...
we take that ferret in [with tommy's consent and approval!!!]...and we
ALWAYS manage to stay afloat...there are rough patches...but we manage...

i have no idea why so many more ferrets are being turned in and
abandoned... blame it on the ferret mills...on un-education...whatever
you want...but the FACT is....these shelters MUST adopt out these ferrets
to be able to take in any more in need...and to be able to survive...

continue working on education and laws...that will improve things down
the road...but for NOW...THESE FERRETS MUST HAVE FOREVER HOMES!!!!

kat
--
Fuzzy Hugs & Whiskered Kisses from Kat the Happy Hooker [so named by BC]
Main Page ... http://ferretlover97.terrabox.com/index2.html

May you always have:
Love to Share
Health to Spare