Date:
Sat, 16 Oct 1999 09:48:55 EDT
Hi there,
Here are my tips for ferrets needing Adrenal Surgery:
1. A few days before the surgery start feeding your ferret duck soup or AD
   to get it used to it.
2. My vet has drop off time which is 8:00am, so after 4:00am, Ferret gets
   no food and until after surgery.
   ***So at 3:30Am I feed my ferret duck soup or warm chicken baby food.
3. Also I have a cage setup my ferret before it comes home from Surgery:
   It must not be able to climb, no ladder, no hammock, you should use a
   sleep sack or warm blanket.
4. After you bring your ferret home you want to keep a close eye on it.
   This Means check on the ferret every 3-4 hours .  Feed the ferret duck
   soup or warm chicken baby food (Gerber Stage 2 chicken baby food).  You
   might want to put some pedialyte in your ferrets water dish or bottle
   also.
5. The hard part is try your best not to let the ferret out to play.  It
   will need lots of rest at least for the next 3 -5 days.
6. Find a square low cut little pan for the ferret to use for the next few
   days.

Also male ferrets seems to be a little more aggressive when they have
adrenal problems.

Hope this helps.

Ada and Chester