From:
fuzzymum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 20:14:44 -0500
Hi Everyone,

I hope it is OK to post this story on here.  If not I am sorry but it is
such a good story and very true.  You see I have recently formed a ferret
rescue group called Helping Hands Ferret Rescue.  Yesterday my local paper
did an article on my shelter and it was on the front page of the New
Castle News.  The article told a story about a ferret that was found on
the streets of New Wilmington a year ago.  This lady found a ferret in New
Wilmington, Pa and called my Vet to see what she could do with it.  My Vet
which is DR.  Joseph Raught told her to call me.  So I picked up this
little guy who had been in the rain and who looked very scared and was
very wet.  After advertising in the lost and found for a week and
contacting the Police in New Wilmington so they would have my number
should the owner inquire about him we just sat back and waited.  No one
called about him so we decided to just keep him.  That was a year ago.
Since then I have rescued several more in my area and that is why I
decided to start a shelter here in New Castle, PA.

Because of this article a lady called me last night telling me about
losing her ferret a year ago.  She said he had gotten out and they didn't
know it.  They asked all around but never thought to check the New Castle
News Paper because New Wilmington is about 12 miles from there.  I asked
the lady if she had any pictures of him and she said yes.  So I invited
her out and she came.  After looking at her pictures I knew that our
little Bandit as we called him turned out to be her Owlie.  So he went
home with her last night.  We are sad because we love him so much but
happy that he is reunited with his family.  I just spoke with her on the
phone and he is doing really good.

I just wanted you all to know that if you lose one of your babies never
give up hope and be sure to uncover every stone there is for you may be
the next one to get a Miracle and this was a Miracle from God no other
way to put it.  Only the Hand of God could have done this.

God Bless You All
Helen and her 22 fur kids