From:
JudithMoon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 20:19:17 -0700
This is an open letter to all ferret lovers,

Over a period of time I have read and heard from numerous (too many to
count ferret people) that as a ferret breeder I should be breeding ferrets
for the love of it.  I should not be into breeding to make money.

This is what you are saying to me: My time spent cleaning, training, and
caring for my breeding stock does not count.  The emotional wear and tear
when someone does not keep their word, or I lose one of my jills or hobs,
does not count.  The hours and hours I work at another job, in order to
spend money to buy the best bloodstock around, does not count.  The
thousands of dollars invested to keep my animals in food, medicine, etc.,
does not count.

Well, I am not going to put up with this any more.  I am NOT in this ferret
business to make money, but I am not going to lose it any more either.  I
breed some of the finest ferrets around and I am very proud of them.  But
from now on my ferrets will be offered at a fair price.  If you want cheap
animals and don't believe in pedigrees, genetic tracking, proper care and
socialization, then don't buy my ferrets!  From now on I will not be
selling ferrets for less than they cost me to raise.

We have greatly reduced the number of breeding animals we have.  We have
gotten in some of the finest stock to be found anywhere, including New
Zealand, Austrailian and German bloodlines.  We will be raising a very
limited number of ferrets for those of you who realize you must pay for
what you get.  No more free rides!

Moonsong Ferrets bred to be the perfect companion
http://moonsongferrets.virtualave.net