From:
Joanne D'Amico <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Jan 2004 13:04:04 -0500
He's probably boo-hooing because animals (and kids) usually upstage adult
humans in any movie or play - I have read interviews where actors have
stated they hate acting with kids/animals for that very reason.  Maybe
he is jealous at being upstaged ... ferrets are certainly cuter .... and
my guess is he was too self absorbed to bother with getting to know the
ferret and it's "motivations", like most animal savvy people would ....
who on this list would walk up to a strange animal and grab it, or start
petting it w/o checking it out (except in an emergency)?  I have been
bitten at least once by dogs, cats, birds, reptiles, bugs, and even fish
(swimming) - and ferrets.  Each had a good reason, and I'll bet that
ferret did, too.  The studio really should have shut him up, and unless
he is in another film with a ferret, I won't be seeing it ....