From:
Susan Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Apr 1996 13:20:49 +0600
Hi again--

I've got a question about bitter apple.  I read the label and it says it's
meant for the coats of dogs so they stop chewing themselves.  So it must be
non-toxic, yes?  But the primary ingredient is Isopropyl alcohol.  Is too
much of this bad?  Of course I won't let my ferret go drinking from the
bottle (if he'd get near enough!) but could it cause any problems?  I always
thought that ferrets just didn't like the smell of it.  But Tag will start
chewing on whatever it is I sprayed and he won't stop until he tastes it.
Then he has a fit and will run to his water bowl and dip his paws and whole
face in to wash off.  I know he'll learn eventually (now he won't even
consider going near the lamp cord) but I just don't want him to ingest too
much of it.  Any suggestions?  Vets?

A comment about the hi-corner litter pans.  I bought one thinking it would
be so handy and space-saving.  But Tag hates it!  He'll dig all the litter
out of it, push it out of the way and proceed to use the bare corner.  I
changed to a square litter pan and now he's as reliable as a clock!  Won't
even consider digging in it.  Just a little tid bit of nothingness.

Tag also will turn up his nose at ham, hard-boiled eggs and those Bandits
ferret treats.  Haven't tried raisins yet, maybe he's one of those backwards
ferrets who doesn't like anything except kibble!  Oh well.  I guess that can
be good in a way.

Cheers-
        Susan
        Tag (Find the pig, find the pig, find the pig.....)