From:
Amy Sodus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 May 2002 06:58:00 EDT
>From:    Sharon <[log in to unmask]>
>
>We just noticed Nanook, our 1 1/2 year old male drinking his pee this
>weekend..  Of course, it was right NEXT to the litter box, so it wasn't
>in the litter... I searched the archives, and found some other questions
>about this, but didn't see any answers... Does anyone know if this is
>indicating a problem??  Thank you!

One of my ferrets is about 3yrs old and has done this ever since I've had
him.  He'll fight me on using the litterbox just so he can go on the floor
and be able to drink his urine.  Most of the time I catch him, pick him
up, wipe his belly, and then the floor.  He gives me a pissed off look!
He has a clean bill of health, except for being overweight.  It hasn't
bothered him healthwise in anyway.  However, when he decides to come over
and kiss me on the face after he's been licking.....

Amy and the boys
God Bless America