From:
R & T Lombardi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 1999 00:49:40 -0400
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry I haven't written in awhile, but I thought I would write to tell
you Sequoia has gone to the rainbow bridge today.

I woke up around 6:00am and found him lying on the bathroom floor, when I
had gone in to refill a water bottle.  I petted him and he lifted his
head, but didn't move otherwise.  I picked him up and he was very cold.  I
wrapped him in a t-shirt and brought him into bed with me.  I held him
while I fell back to sleep.  When I woke, he seemed much worse.  We called
the vet and told him what was going on.  The vet asked if we wanted to put
him down, and we decided to let him go on his own.  At noon, we decided he
was really bad and called our vet to meet us at the clinic.  We drove to
the clinic with him, while we were waiting for the vet to pull up, Sequoia
took his last breath while lying in my lap.  When the vet arrived, shortly
after, we went inside and Sequoia still had a faint heartbeat.  Our vet
gave him the shot to help him along.  My poor baby is gone.  I knew it was
coming, but you can never prepare yourself for this.  I loved him so much.
Now he is playing with Loki at the rainbow bridge.  I will write to more
about what the vet found during the necropsy, but right now it is just too
much.

Teresa