From:
"Ilena E. Ayala" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Feb 1998 19:20:49 -0500
I was just at the local Petco and they are having low cost vaccinations at
the store this Friday Feb 27th between 6 and 7pm.  I don't know if other
stores are also doing this, but some of you might want to check.

Ferret vaccinations are $8 for rabies and $12.50 for distemper, done by
vets, free exam with the shot.  (Dog and cat vaccinations are also
available.)

The flyer said it was being done by Pet Preventative care, the number to
call to see if they are doing this near you is 888-7PETCARE (toll free) or
610-280-9300.  (That's a PA area code and the local store is in NY (Petco

in Hartsdale), so they may be covering quite a few areas.)

It might be an opportunity for some of you budget minded folks to take
advantage of.  My local vet charges about $23 for a shot, so taking my two
to this instead will save a few bucks!  :-)  (I just have to try to leave
work a bit early...)

It might also be a place to call if you want to arrange to set up a
vaccination clinic.

If you have your ferrets vaccinated against rabies at this, or a clinic like
it, make sure you get documentation for your records and the vets contact
info in case there is a bite or scratch incident down the road and you need
the proof of vaccination.  (Paying by check or credit card also leaves a
paper trail...)

-Ilena Ayala