From:
Jessica Park <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Aug 1996 21:25:46 -0400
Hi, all you knowledgable FMLers! Time for me to pick your brains once again!

This time, it's ECE.  I'd never even *heard* of it till I went online, but
now it seems that all of our ferrets have it.  The culprit: new boy, Fozzy.
I'll bet a grape to a raisin (With an "i"!  ;) that he's a carrier.  He
looks great; a big, full, fluffy coat, he's put on a bunch of weight, he
chews on everyone's ankles... Just a normal, if really hyper, kit.  On the
other hand, the ol' ferts (Foxy, Feebee, and Fudgie), look awful.
Especially poor Fudge.  Fudge's poop isn't even poop anymore-- It's a
liquid.  A slimy, greenish-tinged liquid.  This evening I found what appears
to be blood in it.  The lil girls aren't eating very well... Feebee looks at
least as bad as she did last year, when she went through a period of time
when she WOULD NOT eat.  She almost died, but we fed her chicken baby food,
and she eventuallly gained weight again and went back to her normal, bouncy
self.  All three of 'em are losing weight *and* fur.  I read on the ECE FAQ
to give them Pepto-Bismol or Kaopectate (sp).  I just wondered how many of
you have gone through this, and what I should do.  I don't even know how
much Pepto-Bismol to give them, or I would.  Trust me, the vet's getting a
call first thing in the morning!  Thanks in advance!

            Jessica and the Furbeans   8:><:B

"You can deny all the things I've seen, all the things I've discovered...
but not for much longer.  Because too many other people know what's
happening out there - and no one, no government agency, has jurisdiction
over the truth."

                        Fox Mulder, 'The X-Files'