Date:
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 11:41:35 -0500
Hello all-

I've been reading this list only since December, have never posted before.
I had little black ants in my apartment, lots of them, and I was starting
to see them in the pan underneath Aubrey Lovechild's cage.

I called an exterminator and it turned out he also is a ferret owner!  He
brought over these little plastic disks that are designed for households
with young children.  The ants go through a tunnel *into* the center of the
disks to get to the poisoned bait.  The ant problem cleared up overnight.
The exterminator put the disks near where the ants are coming into the
apartment, not near Aubrey's cage, but they are supposed to be pet-proof as
well as child proof (nonetheless I wouldnt leave my little guy alone with
one)

I'm not sure if the ants go somewhere else to die or stay in the disks,
either way I have not seen any ants, dead or alive.

Thank you all for the information and fun stories I read on the list.
-Sarah Heskett <[log in to unmask]>