From:
Peter Banfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 1996 23:14:14 -0700
My wife and I have two sables named Mauka & Makai,both are males.  Makai is
the oldest by two months yet,is half the size of Mauka, and smaller than
most females.  Is this unusual?  Regardless of his size, I firmly believe
that he could out leap,flip, jump any ferret.  He is truly amazing, a real
risk taker and escape artist.  I've watched him leap across a three foot
span from the cage to a dresser, you would almost think he was a squirril.

These are the first ferts I've ever owned;yet, I've known about them for
about 8 years.  When I saw Makai as a 8week kit I knew I had to have him.
My wife was real skeptical, almost denying me until she held him, now they
are her babies and you can't even talk bad about them in her presence.
Every time a new litter arrives at a local store, we go down to look (every
month for 8 months) as if we are going to get another,yet two are a lot to
handle.  As I've been reading the ferret-list I am surprised to hear about
hostile/biter ferts, our two guys are unbelievably gental and playful and
have been from day one.  I am amazed every day by their antics, and general
disposition, they are truely the best!!!