From:
kat parsons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Dec 2006 08:41:16 -0700
>From:    D K SADOWSKI <[log in to unmask]> Subject: Re: Yes
>Virginia............He's real
>
>I'm happy to hear that Bastian is back home where he belongs.
>
>This should be a very important leason to you Kim and everyone else
>that has ferrets as part of their family. Ferrets should NEVER be
>aloud to have full free roam of a house when we are not home to
>supervise them. Now I do believe in caging, but IMO it is also OK to
>let them have run of a safe & escape proofed room.]

NO place is 100% ferret proofed...but as long as precautions are
taken...which Kim is very good at...i see nothing wrong with free
roam...i can not do that where i live now because, other than the kids
rooms,...the rest of the house is not ferret-proofed...and even tho
their rooms ARE...i still have a couple that manage to thwart my best
blockings...and get over the barriers...but as i am a stay at
home...most of the time...person...that is not a problem here...

"always" and "never" are dangerous words...these situations depend
completely on the ferrets and the owners...you just have to use common
sense and know your ferrets...in ohio we had free roam of the whole
house for our ferrets...and never had an escape...excuse me..one
time...and we saw him get out and we brought him back in...

>[Also, If a ferret is not going to be used for breeding such as in
>the case of Bastian, they should be ALTERED. This way, they will not
>feel the need to seek a mate for breeding purposes.]

maybe you need to know the circumstances before speaking...Sebastian IS
STILL A KIT!

give that baby a kiss for me, kim!!!
lvoe,
kat

--
Fuzzy Hugs & Whiskered Kisses from Kat the Happy Hooker [so named by BC]