Date:
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 23:21:55 EDT
Hi Lisa.
I too have woken up to an awful noise like you explained.  Its scary.
Unfortunatley, if a person/ferret is actually choking, they can rarely
make a noise.  When this happens though, if they really have something
stuck in theyre mouth, as the order of first aid states, first check the
mouth for any visible food...if visible, then remove it with your finger
(...prepare to be bitten unless the ferret is used to having a finger
stuck in his mouth).  If not, a firm pat on the back with a cupped hand
while holding the ferret head slightly tilted down usually sends the food
flying.  (Does anyone remember Baby CPR?  kinda like that...)

Also, since you are moistining the food, they seem to eat quicker.(?)
Will they eat dry food?  It might make them chew more.

I hope you never have to hear that again and I hope this helps,

Pam and the ferrets  :-)