From:
"Michael F. Janke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Nov 1998 07:33:45 -0500
>From:    Lara Tyminski <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Minerva; new owner mentality; Ariel and Kayla; to Megan; to Janke
>Thanks to Michael F. Janke of the South Florida Ferret Club and Rescue,
>Inc. first, for the timely answering of all my email, and second for the
>use of the All About Ferrets section from their homepage
>
>Has Penny enjoyed any interesting food lately Mike?

Thanks for the web site plug, Lara!  No, nothing new for Penny, though
she did dine on a palmetto bug this morning.  I let the kids out onto the
screened in patio this morning.  We had a cold snap last night (plummeted
into the 60's!) and they love the cooler weather.  While out there Penny
came across one of those and had it for breakfast.

I don't particularly mind her eating those things, but I do worry that they
could be carrying a parasite/bacteria/virus that might be harmful.  Does
anyone know if that's likely?  Dr. K?

I don't know what I could do about it since palmetto bugs are just a part
of life down her in Miami, and Penny is not always right in front of me
when she finds one.

For the ferrets,
Mike

* Michael F. Janke, [log in to unmask]
* Secretary, South Florida Ferret Club & Rescue
* A 501(c)3 not-for-profit corporation
*
* Visit our shelter's web site:  http://www.miamiferret.org
* Visit the Adrenal/Insulinoma web site: http://www.miamiferret.org/FHC