From:
Jason Henry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jun 2005 10:00:16 -0400
Hey all, I just wanted to say 'hi', and check in... I just found the list
about a week ago, and hadn't had a chance to introduce myself.....

I'm Jason, I'm 25, and my wife Mendy is 25 as well.  We live in Erwin TN
(god help us) with our two carpet sharks, M|nky (aka Miss Face), and
L|cifer (aka Dude, aka Sir, aka Fatty, aka King Weasel, aka Fat Weasel,
aka Don Weaselini - the Capo de tutti Capo, aka Stinkweasel).

M|nky, our female Champagne Roan (Marshall Farms), is approximately 2-3
years old, and just about as skiddish as one can be.  She's constantly
nervous, always looking behind her, and freaking out when there's a loud
noise.... Here's how we got her: I was at a pet store, buying crickets to
feed out frog, Tod (R.I.P.), and I noticed a ferret in a cage in the back
of a truck in the parking lot.  When I was inside, I overheard a man on
the store's telephone, telling someone that the manager wasn't there, and
that the girl who was working couldn't accept a new pet to sell without
the manager's approval.  Once he was off the phone, I asked if he was
talking about the ferret in the truck.  He said that he was, and asked if
I was interested.  I said yeah, but I didn't have the money to buy a
ferret.  He asked me to wait, and made another phone call.  He came back
and said if I could take it home now, it was mine.  I couldn't fit the
cage (it's about 3.5 feet tall) in my car (a Sunfire), so I gave him a
few bucks for gas, and he delivered it.

She lived with us happily, but after a while, we noticed she
'speed-bumped' alot.  We figured she wanted a friend, so we went
searching.... I had been keeping an eye on the online classifieds from a
local TV station for a while, and had noticed a male ferret for sale.  I
still couldn't afford the asking price, so I watched the ad for a few
weeks.  After two months, I called the girl, and told her that if she
just wanted rid of it, I'd be glad to take it off her hands.  We went and
met him (she called him 'Squeaky', which didn't fit his personality, so
we named him L|cifer after he bit my wife twice in two days).  He's a
Chocolate Standard from Path Valley Farms in PA.  He and M|nky got along
famously, so we let them play a while, andthen we took them both home.

We found out, from the girl, that she had wanted a Yorkshire Terrier,
that she could dress up to be cute....with the price of a local Yorkie
being between $200-$800, she bought a ferret instead, and thought she
could play dress-up with him.  He wasn't having any of that, so she
eventually began to neglect him, leaving him to fend for food by fighting
the cats for theirs...When we brought him home and fed him, he ate like
he hadn't seen food in months.... He's grown to the size of a small cat,
and he's now starting to lose some of the weight... He's a little too
aggressive when he plays with M|nky, so we have to watch them, and
usually seperate them after few minutes, but all is well...they sleep
in the same hammock alot of times (they have 3 to choose from), which
I've termed 'The Yin and Yang of Weasel', and they groom each other
frequently....

Peace, Love, Dooks and Raisins!-
Jason, Mendy, M|nky and L|cifer
- "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long
   plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free,and good men die
   like dogs.  There's also a negative side." -Hunter S.  Thompson-