From:
Jessika Tischleder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Apr 1997 06:58:23 PDT
Hey Everyone & Their Little Pals:

We are new proud parents of a 3 year old female - Daisy MonkeyHead (aka
Daisy, aka Daisy SleepyHead, aka Monkey).  We adopted her out of a neglected
environment.

She is a very relaxed, non-nipping, non-playful, very water shy, under
nurished fuzzie.  We are doing everything we can to boost her appitite and
energy.  We think that she is like this due to the neglect that she suffered
form her first owner.  We found out that she was kept in her very small cage
with another older ferret for most of her life.

Our question is: Is there anything we can feed her that will either put some
weight on her or energy in her?

We keep her food dish filled with ferret food all the time and take her for
runs in the park on the weekends.  The only time she is caged is when we are
at work or school.

Also, what kind of snacks do ferrets have a liking to?  We give her peanut
butter, cherios (honey-nut and plain) and about 1-2 froot loops a day (so
not to give her too much sugar).  She also likes these yogurt-vitamin snacks
that are meant for hamsters.

We would appreciate any feedback!

Thanks:
Jessika & Scott "Daisy quit licking my ear when I am trying to sleep"
Daisy MonkeyHead "I love to sleep in the long underware droor"
Gidget "Long live the memory of our little hamster who has passed on"

                           \\\|///
                         \\  - -  //
                          (  @ @  )
| Jessika Tischleder                                      |
| E-mail: [log in to unmask]                            |
| WWW:    http://www.stcloud.msus.edu/~tischj02           |
                         oooO   (   )
                          \_)