Date:
Thu, 26 Jan 2006 04:36:18 -0600
Morning,

I don't get to post very often... I usually don't have much time
available to me.  Tonight, however..  I find some time to sit and ask
for some advice..  and maybe a little consolation from fellow ferret
owners.  I'm feeding/hydrating every hour, on the hour..  so to keep
me awake..  and keep me focused, I'm writing this morning.

My name is Carla, I live in Oklahoma.  I've posted here before... but not
frequently.  I own six ferrets currently..  Conan, Sigmar, Amber, Apache,
Max and Feyd..  in order of appearance.  Conan is my oldest..  and will
be seven in March.  However..  my main issue this morning..  is with my
Siggy.

He had a vet visit last week.  He had lost a bit of weight, and had a
horrendous ear infection.  He was a little wobbly..  the vet and I
attributed it to loss of equilibrium..  I took some antibiotics and
eardrops home..  and began treatment.  Tonight I'm dealing with a
horrifically underweight ferret..  which seemed to happen almost
overnight..  and at about 2:45 he began passing blood.  His appetite has
not decreased, and he takes water/soup from a feeding syringe just fine.
I'm just not sure what to do at this moment..  as we have no emergency
vets that I am comfortable calling.  So I feed him..  hydrate him..  make
sure he's comfortable and warm..  and I sit the long wait until 8AM.

I recently (the 2nd of this month) lost my best friend of seven years..
a large male tabby by the name of Spooky..  to a very sudden death.
Tonight I'm having a hard time dealing with the realization that I may
have to lose another loved one much, much sooner than I had ever
anticipated.  It is so difficult to deal with, and I sympathize with
any of you who have gone through..  or are going through similar
complications.

For now though..  the only thing I can possibly do..  is sit..  and wait.

Sleepless, and restless.
Carla