From:
Lisa Gardner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 14:47:45 -0500
I was wondering a couple of things about dogs and ferrets that I was
hoping to get some help with:

1. If you have a dog is it an indoor or an outdoor dog?

2. How many and what kind of dog(s) do you have?

3. Do you let the dog(s) and the ferret(s) socialize together?

4. If you said that you do let them socialize together under
   supervision, then how do you apply this supervision?

5. Were the ferrets introduced when the dog was still a puppy?

6. Have you had any bad experiences with having dogs and ferrets?

I have four ferrets that I love dearly.  I don't want any harm to come to
them which is why I'm asking this up-front.  My boyfriend wants to get a
dog, probably a mix from a shelter.  My ferrets have their own room and
come out to play in the rest of the house everyday.  So I was wondering
how everyone else's dogs (if you have one) interacts with your ferrets.
I know every dog and every breed is different, I was just hoping to get
some information from others who are in this situation.  I would really
appreciate any help so we can decide whether or not to get a dog.
Thanks.

Lisa