From:
Paige Townsend <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 2004 10:55:14 -0800
Sorry I have been absent for a while but the computer keyboard and I have
been mortal enemies for the past couple weeks so I have not been typing.

However, smiles still abound at the shelter and I would love to share a
couple from last night.

Boddington still has not learned that I can not fit under the cage at the
shelter.  However, he loves to grab my finger and chuckle as he tries to
fit me in his secret hidey hole.

Avery was so tramatized by her trip to the vet to be spayed she decided
that falling asleep with her tongue sticking out on my lap was preferable
to trying to steal all the stuffed animals.  There is nothing cuter than
a ferret trusting enough and confortable to consider your lap home.

Ken had a visitor last night which allowed him to munch on his hand
(gently) as he hid in the tube.  When he came to me for attention and got
tickles he immediately started his floppy war dance as he was so excited
having extra attention.

However, the best smile of the night was Bronte.  The guy gets extra
credit for being so cute, but rocket scientist he is not.  He found a new
toy a crochet'ed egg with a long tail.  As he ran around the room with it
in his mouth he kept trodding on the toys tails..  the result his chin
bounced off the floor due to the sudden stop.  Once was funny enough but
Bronte did not figure out what was happening and continued to run with
his toy for 30 minutes (many face plants later).

Til next time
Auntie Paige

Ferret Aid Society
www.ferretaid.org