From:
Kelly Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Dec 1997 08:36:32 -0500
Hello there,
I to can also say that ferrets make great pets for the disabled.  My 3 year
old son who has spastic Quadraplegic Cerebral Palsy, Developmental Delays,
Periventricukar Leukomalacia (damage to the white matter in the brain) and a
few minor other problems.  He is able to play with my ferrets.  I have 4 to
be exact and my son is able to bat them on the head and they just kinda look
at him .  They sniff hi, lick his nose and so forth.  There is always a risk
of a biter I think, so at first especially if this is a small child use
caution.  But with mine we have had nothing but good expierence.  My son
loves my ferrets, he especially sometimes likes to pull on there scruff and
they just lay there looking at him.  Ferrets are just like any other animal,
they know a special (handicapped) person and I have never seen an animal of
any kind be aggressive towards a person of special needs.

You can see my homepage at
http://members.tripod.com/~kell2222/index.html there is also a link to
my ferrets page there or you can just ckick here
http://members.tripod.com/~rodjones/ferrethead2.html

Catch you all later......
Kelly mother to fuzzbutts Ferrethead, Chloe, Jerry and Champ.