From:
Pam Grant and STAR* Ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Nov 1997 23:15:13 -0500
Hello everyone,

If there is a person in the Northern VA area who has a little more time to
devote to a single ferret to help nurse it back to health, I'd sure
appreciate hearing from you.

I have a sable male, 1 year, that is skin and bones.  He is over the worse
of ECE, but due to my work schedule, I can only feed him twice a day.  I
need someone who can do it three to four times a day until the little booger
decides to eat on his own.  He eats "duck soup" very well as long as he is
held.  He does not seem to eat it when a bowl is left for him during the day.

This ferret has a chocolate companion that is also being nursed back to
health, by Shirley Hertzog in PA.  The companion was in better shape and
could travel.  When the sable is in better health, I hope to rejoin the two
so they can be adopted out together.

If someone can help me out by taking this waif of a ferret in temporarily
and feed it several times a day, I'd sure appreciate it.  I work 10 hour
shifts, and with travel time, I'm gone for 12 hour stretches.  He really
needs to be fed every 6 to 8 hours to put some weight on him.  He sure is
pitiful right now.

Call me at 703-913-5464 in the mornings and start talking about the FML
message, and if I'm home, I'll pick up the phone.

Thanks,
Pam Grant