From:
JOHN RICH <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 May 2005 03:19:42 -0400
Sukie wrote:
>....It would be great if this can begin what may eventually become a pet
>store industry-wide pressure to sell kits who are older, and who are
>healthier specifically due to being older before being separated from
>their mothers and surgically stressed by spaying or altering'..........

"NIRVANA"!!!!!.......or at least it would seem to be that way, if what
sukie said would materialize in our lifetime!  Sukie, I think you could
not have said it any better!  This type of pressure on breeders & the
like, by major & small petstores & chains, is just the ticket to achieve
what we ALL want;>>>better qualities of life & longer lives for our
fuzzies.  Petsmart, TFS, FD, and the rest, small or large, are all taking
steps, though different, in the correct 'general' direction.  Maybe
delving into the USDA reports for ALL of the ferret farms visited, in
the USA, and maybe our strong (yes strong,), rosters combining this list,
the afa, ifc,etc., could start a massive mailing to the farms operating
"under par",as per the USDA`s records, ......might make another, or
possibly one of the best, causes or 'crusades' that we have ever
undertaken!  Imagine that.......working together for the same
end,....again!  Ultimate nirvana.......dooks.

john rich & the n.j. gang.

ps....puppy mills next.  jdr.