Date:
Sun, 6 Jan 2002 15:23:16 -0500
My husband and I have been blocking off the kitchen for quite some time
now, because our fuzzies, Amber and Jenna, could get under the stove which
not only gave them access to the drawer that I keep all my pots and pans
in (I hate having to wash them before I use them because weasels were
napping in them!) but they also were getting behind the refrigerator
(which they happily dragged socks to).  So Tim and I decided to put a
window screen across the entrance to the kitchen and hold it in place
with a heavy wooden box.  Well, we got a new stove.  One that even Amber
the Houdini ferret could get under (she gets everywhere!!).  Down came
the screen.  There was a lot of war dancing and dooking going on in the
kitchen now that they were back in.  Well, Amber had to ruin it for them.
She found a way to get underneath the cabinets that run the length of the
kitchen.  She would not come out.  I was about to call my husband at work
to see if he could run home to take apart the cabinet base when she
decided to peek her little head out.  I have no idea what is under those
cabinets.  For all I know the pipe holes could lead to other parts of the
building (we live in an apartment above several businesses).  After 20
minutes, she came out for good.  Up went the screen.  No more dooking in
the kitchen.  I swear, a human's ferretproofing responsibilities are
never done!!

Kelly White
Southampton, Massachusetts
with Amber and Jenna (fuzzbutts)
and T.J., Natasha, Belle. Smokey, and Parker (kitties)