From:
Deborah Bistodeau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 02:59:41 EDT
I'm here to see if there's anyone that can be kind enough to pick up two
ferrets from New York area and hook up some kind of traveling connections
to get the furkids around and up to Minnesota?  Any concerns and/or
questions to ask about this emergency pick up and transporting ferrets,
please send me an email and I'd be more than glad to answer all.

This family that I have known for years - they're losing everything due
to major job losses in the area (related or unrelated to 9/11 - I'm not
sure) and they're losing their home.  They're very devastated about it
and searched all places that would allow ferrets.  They mentioned that
the new law that forbids the ferrets to be kept as pets made things much
more difficult for them to find a place to move into within a couple
months' notice.  They're also going into a panic mode about their dog
that they rescued and rehabbed to health a couple years ago.  If you know
anyone that is kind enough to adopt this dog (all info about the dog will
be informed asap when I get all details anytime now).  Possibly foster
caring the dog as well.  They also lost their own parents (their human
kids' grandma and others) during the same time, I think.

Hope this helps. Thank you so much.
April