From:
Sharon Pease <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 May 1999 13:46:36 EDT
The Family Pet Center is a "chain" type pet store, usually found in
shopping malls.

They sell all types of animals; puppies, kittens, ferrets, birds, etc.  If
there are any of these stores in your area, and you have the time, please
start "visiting" them.  While you're there, please comment (diplomatically)
on the care and conditions you see and be sure to direct these comments to
the store manager.  If the conditions are good, pass this along as well.

I'm not going to go into the conditions and problems I've seen at the store
in my area.  As we all know, these things are controlled at a store level
by the management and staff and I won't participate in putting all these
stores down because of what I've seen in only one.  I will say that they
are, by far, the worst I've ever seen.

While you're there, be sure to check out the ferret toys.  The selection is
literally "unbelievable".  I haven't seen such a poor choice of toys
marketed for ferrets since the foam rubber balls we all remember from a
few years ago.  I did find that the store doesn't control this, the head
office does.  The brand name of the products are "Land and Sea" and there's
no contact information on the package, just where it's manufactured.

Rest assured, the store in our area isn't being ignored.  I just wanted to
bring this store to everyone's attention in case this isn't an isolated
problem.

Thanks!
SP