Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 14 Sep 1993 10:02:28 -0400
Bobby Daniel <[log in to unmask]> writes:

>  Anyway, my question for the list is: are there actually laws about
>driving with pets? and if so, what? and if you also use carriers, how
>do *you* keep your weasel from thinking, "(carrier) + (car) = (oh no!
>trip to vet!)" E.K. panics on outgoing trips and will try so hard to
>dig his way out that he actually *pants*--although he is fine on the
>homeward-bound trips. Thanx!

I leave Rikki's pet carrier open in her playroom - she treats it like
any other box, and doesn't seem to attach any special significance to
(carrier) + (car) = (vet).  Of course, she's been to the vet once
(eek, shots!), and has been on about 20 car rides that had nothing to
do with the vet.

On another subject, does anyone know the nutrition content of
crickets?  They are the best ferret toy and food treat I've found, but
I don't want her to O.D. on them if they aren't good for her. (But the
little buggers keep coming in anyway!)

-Dave