From:
John Rich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Feb 2008 02:50:32 -0500
Hello all,

"Ideally", IMO, the perfect place to obtain a Fert would not be a
"backyard" breeder, but an 'old friend', who has maybe 1-2 "Indoor"
litters a year,....who is very Ferret knowledgeable, maybe 'shows
them' (or not) and let's you have one with maybe unwanted markings
they wanted, and that Fert could turn out to be that "#1" fuzzie that
only comes around once! I mean healthwise, longevity, etc... I'd love
it! But those kind of things are just 'wishes'..........

We've all maybe been 'introduced' to our first little 'smile species'
by a purchase at a Petco or Petsmart, I have3x. But in 18 yrs. of Fert
roommates, 8 of my 11(+/-), were 'rescues/surrenders'. THE most humane &
'correct' thing to do is to adopt them from our "Ferret Rescues" &
Shelters 'because' most of them probably came from those two stores!
I've always wanted a pure bred "German Shepherd",....but other than
the aforementioned Fert Rescues & Shelters, all of my Dogs have come
from local spca's &/or aspca's, etc.,,.....and they have always been
great!....Just like my Ferrets have been!

I'm glad to hear that Petsmart is stopping the selling of Kits. And MF,
a 'wart' on the Earth's Butt in my book & opinion, may be the better
alternative to the recent HUGE backyard breeders that have literally
"gone to hell", from illnesses, etc.... My solution?, take one day at a
time, and keep an eye open, (Not in Petco,(lol)), and visit "Petfinder"
for the closest "Ferret" &/or "SPCA" shelter!,...no better company
anywhere! One thing, I do consider Petco & Petsmart to be the top 2 in
everything but the "live animal sales"........... Many local Mom & PoP
stores have stopped selling animals,...hopefully some day it will all
equal out......"Supply & Demand"....just enough born to match the #
seriously wanted!.....ahh, the perfect world,......someday,....someday.

DOOKS to you & yours,
John Rich & the gang of '1' in n.j., USA.

john rich <[log in to unmask]>