From:
"Capt. Nodrog" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 11:55:34 -0400
After reading of all the ferret horror stories and all over the years and
also here, I can only deduce that these animals are grossly not understood
and the public at large are not very well educated on the needs ane ways
of these magnificant animals.

I do not mean to suggest they be made illegal, but I do mean to offer
the need for legislation to qualify potential owners prior to taking
possession, and licensing the owners as well as the pets to insure the
continued health and well being of the animals.

I can only ask all of you to contact your state and local politicians
with the notion of creating laws to so qualify owners and to control the
whereabouts of ferret pets.  Of course, this would fully enact the means
to take action against those who fail to properly care for such pets in
the event they are caused to be removed from the owners.

Your thoughts?  [log in to unmask]