From:
Nell Angelo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Apr 2013 19:22:57 +0300
Hi Mike --

>My question is what to do when we get down to one. I don't want the
>last ferret to be lonely but we don't want to get any more ferrets

I am in the situation you foresee. I now have only one ferret, Cleo.
Her last ferret friend, Jonas died March 14, and she went into a series
of emotional reactions that had me and her other caretaker, Abrahame
worried -- including several days of rage, followed by a few days of
depression and not wanting to eat. However, we gave her a great deal
of attention, including special food, throughout, and still are giving
it, and she is fine. She plays on her own and with us, eats on her own,
and seems happy. She's about four and a half years old.

From what I understand, the range of ferret reactions to losing their
last friend is broad. The info I got from people on the FML about the
types of reactions Cleo had was very useful.