From:
trina fleissner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Feb 2012 06:19:30 -0800
We did have a couple days of discussion about the alpha trac here
on the FML, but I am sure that was over a year ago. It was my
understanding from Dr. Evans when I talked with him that the
glucometer, strips and lancets which arrive in a neatly compiled
box complete with the DVD can only be purchased from Abbott through
a vet. When I need new strips I have to order them through my Doc.

Maybe I am just more blessed with a great vet office, but I was
not allowed out the door with my new purchase without a scheduled
introduction to the the glucometer, appropriate setting for my ferrets,
where to stick them, how to prepare the area etc.

Also included in said box is the phone number and addy of the
manufacturer Abbott Labs. That is how I was able to contact Dr. Evans
to discuss the issues I was having about use of the glucometer and
results. It was decided at the time the problem was possibly a faulty
vial of strips and a new batch was sent to me free of charge.

In fact, it was during this discussion with Dr. Evans that he shared
that the similarities between dog blood and ferret blood was so similar
that they dropped any future plans to develop a glucometer strictly for
ferrets. It was not a financially sound prospect.

I often forget about using the archives of the FML, but it is a good
thing to check since we discuss (and often very thoroughly) so many
ferret issues. Many of our questions have already been asked and
answered here. Kind of like how we forget to go to the SOS references
to help ourselves or someone else.

Thanks again for a great reminder about the alpha trac. Dog/Ferret,
Ferret/Dog number 7 setting.

Cathy

Feed rescued animals in two clicks
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3