From:
Tracy McAlpine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jun 2004 18:35:58 -0500
I went to the county shelter today after work to get the skinny on the
ferrets for adoption that Juliana reported were on Petfinder.  The
shelter has them because they were abandoned.  The ferrets went up for
adoption at 4:00 today.  I got there at 5:30 and there were only two
left.  I was sad that they split them up, but happy that some had found
homes.  They assured me that they will not be put to sleep.  They said
ferrets go fast, and expect them to be adopted by the end of the week.
They are both boys.  One is a so-so-so cute blaze while the other is a
cute sable.  The people at the shelter said they are very sweet.  I did
not handle them myself.  I did notice the sable had a flea.  I reported
that, but they said they will report it to the future owner as they do
not have anything safe to use on ferrets.  I explained to them that
cedar is not good for ferrets, and they agreed to replace the cedar with
newspaper.  I will call towards the end of the week to make sure they
have found a home.

Tracy