From:
D CHRISTEN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 09:47:15 -0500
I am back again,
I guess when i get thinking, things begin to start burning up?

Well, here is some food for thought.

When we choose to have children, we inconvenience not only ourselves but
the planet too, not to be forgotten, everyone else who is trying also to
find their own private little space.  Look at the overcrowded countries.
We expect for it to support us, in every selfish way we want for
ourselves AND our children, the earth will take care of itself, that is
the nature of things, but when do we stop and think about what we are
doing to it, and what can we give back?

How many of us really take a journey deep into ourselves and ask why do
we do the things we do/make the decisions that we do?

This seems off the original subject but it is not far from it.  It is all
about being inconvenienced.  The animals man has deemed to domesticate,
cannot fend for themselves in the wild as the ones who were taught by
their natural mothers to hunt for their own food and prepare their own
shelter, that is also why we are given parents, to learn from them.
What about the children that are dumped on society, or even their
grandparents ( i have a classic example right next door) and also a
very good ...customer/friend who is now raising her grandchildren.
Unfortunately our society has taught us, the" human animal", that
everything is disposable.  We are not responsible for our actions?  OR
ARE WE?  We don't have to think, we only have to act?

I myself have a number of those cast off (unwanteds) ferrets because
they were an inconvenience?  i do not get donations or otherwise for
their care.  I am not asking for money either, i have taken on the
responsibility to care for them, myself, and i WILL work for the income
to take care of their medical/food etc.  I know many of you who do the
same.  Look at the Humane Society...once again, animals, cast off because
they were an inconvenience to the lifestyle?  I love everyone one of
these furred children of mine, from the ones i have taken home from the
petstore on my own, to the ones who were surrendered to me.  I will mourn
their loss as they leave me, lest i pass before them, and i WILL and DO
today, look forward to the day, i breath my last breath, so i can once
again see, those that have crossed before me.  My furniture is only an
extension of myself, you see it in the vehicles that we buy, the clothes
that we wear THAT INCLUDES JEWELRY , and the conversations we have with
others.  (VANITY?) probably.  I guess, by the time i had reached 50 i
had matured some?  What does the indian legend say about what happens
when we pass, how the animals will judge us, as we enter... ?

I think i am done now, but i don't know for sure.

regards
donna/eppys mommy